The standard greeting for Lunar New Year here in South Korea is a wish for lots of luck in the new year.
Luck is always within our reach. It’s not an external factor you may or may not win. Realizing that we are lucky, feeling lucky.. is something we can always choose!
Here are 20 quotes about luck to help you indeed have a lucky new year! Quote number 20 is from me, Joan Gregerson, author of “Tuning In to Inner Peace: The Surprisingly Fun Way to Transform Your Life”
20 Quotes to help you make good luck!
- “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.”― Dalai Lama XIV
- “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”― Thomas Jefferson
- “Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.”― Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy
- “Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known. ”― Garrison Keillor, Lake Wobegon U.S.A.
- “People always call it luck when you’ve acted more sensibly than they have. ”― Anne Tyler
- “When life gets you down, improvise as if crawling was part of the choreography.”― Iveta Cherneva
- “He was just a coward and that was the worst luck any many could have.”― Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls
- “I think we consider too much the luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.”― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Luck is a word the bitter teach to the ignorant.”― Steve Maraboli
- “Learn to recognize good luck when it’s waving at you, hoping to get your attention.”― Sally Koslow
- “Above all, he liked it that everything was one’s own fault. There was only oneself to praise or blame. Luck was a servant and not a master. Luck had to be accepted with a shrug or taken advantage of up to the hilt. But it had to be understood and recognized for what it was and not confused with a faulty appreciation of the odds, for, at gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck. And luck in all its moods had to be loved and not feared”― Ian Fleming, Casino Royale
- “Concentration attracts luck factor.”― Amit Ray, Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Life Style
- “He is where he is supposed to be. And yet the place he has found is also of his own choosing. That is a piece of luck not to be despised.”― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing
- “I feel as though my life has been orchestrated for me to recognize just how fortunate I truly am.”― Brandon A. Trean
- “If I could, I’d write a huge encyclopedia just about the words luck and coincidence”― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “I’ve been fortunate to have interventions at my most ignorant moments in life.”― Brandon A. Trean
- “The reason I like the game chess is because each move has countless repercussions, but you’re in charge of them. And it’s your ability to see into the future and the effects of the decisions you’ve made that males you either a good or not a good chess player. It’s not luck.”― Bono, Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas
- “But bad luck makes good stories.”― Bernard Evslin
- “When you say, ‘Good Luck!’, I hope you mean: appreciate your blessings, notice the moments of ease, and welcome the challenges, so you will always know how to feel extremely lucky.”
– Joan Gregerson, author of “Tuning In to Inner Peace: The Surprisingly Fun Way to Transform Your Life”